You Can Count On Me To Protect Your Rights
Injured on the job? Claim denied? The Law Office of Cezar J. Torrez is devoted to serving injured workers. Workers’ compensation law is all I do and as a solo attorney, I personally handle your case.
My office is located in the Sacramento area, but I represent claimants throughout Northern California and statewide. Give me a call today at 916-374-6857 for a free consultation. Hablamos español.
Your Rights And Benefits Under California Workers’ Compensation
If you have a work-related injury or illness, your employer is required by California law to pay for workers’ compensation benefits. The injury can be the result of either:
An accident or event at work such as a slip-and-fall, chemical spill or a car accident while making deliveries
An injury that develops over time from job-related exposure such as hearing loss from being around loud machinery, back pain from lifting heavy objects or damage to joints from repetitive motions
You may be entitled to one or more of the following benefits:
- Free medical care – Your employer must cover all medical care related to your injury, including surgery, physical therapy and medications.
- Temporary disability – Your employer must pay replacement wages until you are able to return to work.
- Permanent disability – If part of your body is permanently damaged (but you can still work), you are entitled to partial disability benefits. If you are not able to work anymore, you may be eligible for permanent disability benefits.
- Supplemental job displacement benefits – If you can’t perform your old job, you may be eligible for a voucher to pay for school or skill training for a new occupation.
Why You Should Get A Workers’ Comp Lawyer
Workers have many rights under California law, but the workers’ compensation system still favors employers in many ways. As your lawyer, I can stand up for you:
- To appeal a denied claim
- To make sure you are getting your full entitled benefits
- To get necessary medical treatment
- To fight a termination of your benefits
- To make your employer honor a doctor’s work restrictions
- To negotiate a lump sum settlement (if it is in your best interests)
- To pursue any third-party lawsuits you may have
I Am Passionate About Helping My Clients
I grew up in a working class neighborhood and worked blue collar jobs before I became a lawyer. I understand that your body is your livelihood and that if you can’t work, you can’t pay your bills and feed your family. You can count on me to fight for you at every stage of the process.